VMAP Nuclear addresses the concerns of Security at Nuclear Power facilities regarding our service with the following measures:
Administrator Controlled Access
- Pre- and Post-Processing of all data is performed on-site. Nothing leaves the room of the secure server installation.
- Installation of software is provided on server computers provided by VMAP which remain on-site in special access rooms provided by the utility customer.
Licensed Software Protection
- Administrator defines users, along with their access levels and passwords
- Data encryption - cannot be copied from enrcypted hard disk - there’s no way to extract the key from the drive controller, and there’s no way to reboot the computer into a different operating system without the key being fully erased from the drive controller
- Protects data residing on PCs making sure that data is inaccessible if the PC is lost or stolen.
- Encrypts data on all installed PCs. Established policies make data inaccessible under specific, pre-set conditions like hard drive removal or password hack.
- Restricted for use on installed and licensed computer
- The software can be installed on only one workstation server and restricted from any network connections or file downloads
- Software protected by HASP secure licensing activation keys
- Strong copy protection - On-chip 128-bit AES encryption
- A secure communication channel between the HASP HL key and the application offers powerful resistance to man-in-the-middle attacks
- Secure, non PC-dependent external storage device: Store licenses, passwords, strings, and application dependent data in either protected read/write memory or ROM
- Tamper-proof licenses: Unique LicenseOnChip technology embedded in each HASP protection key